After using several different brushes, rakes, combs, and other grooming tools recommended by dog owner friends as well as veterinarians, including the famed FURminator deShedding Tool, I felt doomed to have dogs that just did not look properly (nor easily) groomed!
Bring On the Evolution Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush for Long-Haired Dogs
Once I purchased an Evolution slicker brush, I immediately tossed out all the rest, keeping only the best — the Evolution Self Cleaning Slicker Brush for Medium-Large Dogs. My dogs and I enjoyed nearly fourteen years of dog grooming with this slicker brush and it is still going strong!
Frequent Dog Grooming
Frequent grooming and brushing is a must to keep up the health of a dog’s fur coat, as well as its beauty. Besides which, most dogs absolutely love the attention they receive in a daily brushing by their human companions!
Why I Like Grooming My Dogs Using Evolution Slicker Brush
- The self-cleaning factor! Push the pin and the bristles disappear and with one swipe of the hand the fur is gone, ready to brush again.
- Aids in prevention of matting in the undercoat of dogs.
- Brushes through thick, dense outer coat with no trouble at all.
- Perfect for tangled mats of hair, before and after bathing.
- It brushes – it doesn’t pull! No tugging at the hair to irritate the dog’s skin.
- The more I slicker brush the dogs outdoors in the sunshine and fresh air the less dog hair inside!
- When finished brushing I have a well-groomed happy dog!
Grooming Comb Follow Up
Andis Steel Grooming Comb.
Follow up a good brushing with a good combing to fluff up the fur and stimulate the skin of your dog.
Well-Groomed Marvelous Mutts
The Evolution Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush kept all three of my mutts marvelously well-groomed.
My dog Tidbit had smooth fur, almost silky in appearance, while Scratch had the rough fluffy look of an Aussie or Border Collie about her. And NewBe, actually my Aunt Helen and Uncle Bill’s dog, well let’s just say she was a giant black and white fur ball!
All three of the dogs were beautiful, inside and out. No, I’m not the least bit prejudiced in my opinion of my marvelous mutts — just ask anyone fortunate enough to have known the Sunshine Girls!
Click images for a larger view.
PAWSit Hop Saturday
My dogs and their dog grooming tools are brought to you through PAWSit Hop Saturday blog hop here on Dog Pawsitive Tidbits. Publish your own dog-related blog post and add it to the link list for others to read and enjoy.
This is a Blog Hop--get the InLinkz code for your blog post!